Should I take CAIA Level II or FRM Level II first?

Calling whom passes both exam. Which one is easier?

I dont plan to take both at the same time.

Appreciate your help. Thanks.

I hold both. If I could go back in time, I wouldn’t pursue either. . Unless you’re already working in the Alternatives (CAIA) or Risk Management (FRM) field, these designations won’t do much for you. . People assume that these desgnations will help them land a job in finance, but I found that to not be the case.

Thanks for the reply.

I am thinking this too.

Not sure whether calling a quit after passing level 1 for both or pushing through is better idea.

I am also planning to take GMAT with the goal of scoring 700+ after these two exams. But I will probably use the score in the next 3-5 years so no rush.

And no, I dont think I am going to work in risk and alternative investment industry.

Don’t go for “which is easier”, go for the one that:

1. most interests you; and

2. is most suited to your career path.

Collecting designations is not the path to a career - I second what Wendy said - obtain the quals that are most pertinent to help you with (hopefully) your current role and its challenges; or if you need to shift logically intra-firm; and if intra-firm if you have, in addition, relevant skills obained in practice.

Question answered then: sounds like grad school ahead. I chose to do designations *after* that post-grad, once I knew where I wanted my career to go. After GMAT and further study you may be intrigued by some completely different area, and consequently, these designations, being so specific, may have little relevance. Good luck.