Uppermark, Schweser or CAIA curriculum for L2

H guys,

what’s the consensus on this, taking the September L2 this year. Don’t want to waste time reading too much stuff.

I read the books (you should def read the case studies) and crushed UpperMark q-bank.

I liked Schweser for the material, if i retake L2, I will use uppermark. But to reiterate lJD, read the case studies, Schweser offers a solid walkthrough, but nothing like actually reading them .

Another vote for reading the journal articles; and the text is invaluable for more challenging topics - as supplement (I used UpperMark L II prep).

Schweser is great for the Core material, much easier to read and has embedded practice problems in the study program. However, the test bank is sorely lacking in difficultly

Right: if you can consistently get 70%+ into 80% on Uppermark QB - which does have some tougher qns - then one shoiuld be reasonably preopared. Also, be reallistic in grading your CS. This is not high-school; you are challening yourself and a level of knowledge aboiut the subject matter.

** And no time cheating on the readings: if you desire good odds of passing then actually reading and comprehending the articles is very important to passing. I got “Stronger” on the constructed respone qns which was due to a thorough review and understandiing of the set articles.

What can I say: no shortcuts.

due to latency an erroenous 2nd post - deleetd.

I see many test takers putting too much weight into selecting study materials. Here’s what I can recommend based on my experience with CAIA exam prep:

1. View preparation materials mostly as a pre-view and plan to focus your efforts on Upermark practice questions/exams. Last 1-2 months leading to the exam day you should be doing mostly practice questions and essays, with some reviewing of your notes and portions of study materials. Plan for going through the all practice questions couple times.

2. It doesn’t matter much which study materials you select. I used Schweser, but in my view all 3 major sourses (Schweser, Uppermark or CAIA official books) will be sufficient in covering enough ground. Read them once, make notes on important concepts and LOs you don’t understand.

3. Make sure you give enough attention to Ethics (CFA booklet) and CAIA Supplemental Readings (full Articles, not summaries) for Level 2. Both can be found for free on the web (most articles at least) and can score you easy points on the exam.

I agree with the last poster.

I also had a very bad experience with Uppermark and wouldn’t recommend them.