When should I start?

I’ve just presented CFA level 3, and Im already registered to present CAIA level 1 on September.

How many time do you guys spent studying for this exam? I manage to get Schweser 2016 material and I have the official curriculum book.

Thanks in advance

Jorge

Hi Jorge,

I passed CAIA1 with roughly 2 months of studying (sounds short but it was stressful). On average, I was studying about 3 hours a day during the week. A little bit more devoted on the weekends. Thats with no experience of the CFA. I’m sure the material will be a little bit of an overlap for you since you’re L3 candidate for the CFA, so 2/3 months should certainly be enough.

I used Schweser for the reading materials and QBANK. Also purchased UpperMarks QBANK for reinforcement.

Hope that helps!

Thank you!! Sure it helps, I plan to start at the end of June or early July, so I study 2.5 months.

Im so stressed about the last weekend exam that i have to give it a little break :slight_smile:

One question, if I use only Schweser will that be enough? What do you think?

Thank u!

Jorge

I personally only used Schweser with respect to the readings and passages. I think you’ll be fine with that respect.

I used Schwesers QBANK and Mock exams (included in the package I purchased) along with purchasing just UpperMarks QBANK (practice questions & mock exams). I found with my study plan (I used the last 3 weeks to focus on practice questions and Mocks only) is that I ran out of QBANK questions with Schweser prior to exam date, which is why I went for UM as a supplement. Very helpful IMO, which helped round out my study experience.

I would say complete the Schweser prep with time to spare (i.e. readings, practice Q’s/Mocks) and judge how you feel before purchasing UM material. That was my approach.

Thanks for the advice i bought the cheapest package from schweser :confused:

For those taking level 2, when is the best time to start? I see that Kaplan weekly class just started over the weekend

I guess you should start now to be able to practice before the exam. The CFA curriculum should help you on the overlap areas