Starting to Study CAIA Level-1 Now after writing CFA Level-3

Hello Guys: I am working as an equity analyst and wrote CFA level-3 exam this june. I just decided to go after CAIA as it makes more sense to me after CFA and MBA.

The deadline to register for the exam is august 5, so there wont be enough time for me to go through the material properly and decide. Just by skimming through the material, i feel there is some overlap between cfa and caia material.

What do you guys recommend is it doable or would be very difficult ? Has someone done something similar, kindly share your experience and the STRATEGY you followed. ​Thanks.

In a similar boat (just passed CFA II). Want to bang out the CAIA Lvl I in September if feasible. I purchased the CAIA book, which I read from other posters was really the only necessary piece (I am still tempted to get Schweser simply to being used to their formatting from their CFA books. I also read the Uppermark test bank is a must.

Anyways, from other places, I have read there is a decent amount of CFA overlap, much less to remember, and considerably less time consuming (maybe ~100 hours). Think I am going to attempt it. Hope I can do it

Also found a vividlink website through Google with the Schweser stuff for $100? Not sure what this site is and if its legit if anyone wants to chime in

Sounds cool.

You can whatsup me at +96898920060 , we can further discuss there… t

Thanks

I did the same last year after passing CFA L1 and I can tell you that it’s very doable. I took two weeks off before the exam and used that time to study fulltime and passed. After that I did L2 of CAIA in March and passed that one too. There is definitely some overlap in curriculum so I would recommend to do the exams now because the CFA curriculum is still in your head and it will take you much less time to pass CAIA.

What material did u use for study Vegetaaa ??

I used the Schweser notes and Schweser Qbank.

IMO, the CFA has much harder prep material (due to volume) but the CAIA exam is more challenging. You’ll be fine.