CAIA Whiteboard

I was wondering how the whiteboard works when sitting the CAIA exam. I’ve read forums where they collect everything you have written down but if it’s a whiteboard, how big is it and are you allowed to erase your markings to make room? Forgive my ignorance but I’m unclear on how it works. Thanks!

My whiteboard was a thin, laminated card about legal size. They give you a special pen. You cannot erase - ink can only be erased using a special solution. If you need more boards, you just raise your hand and they give you one.

If using the board, I always wrote down the question number next to my math just in case I needed to go back and review the question.

Thank you so much, that’s extremely helpful!

Confirmed. Mine was ring bound and had about 3 laminated sheets, front and back. They provided a fine-tipped marker that was not erasable. The testing facility was much more strict than CFA exams, in my opinion. Couldn’t even wear a hat into the center. Also, got patted down on entry and was forced into showing proctors my tattoos (sleeves on sleeves) in fear that i had permanently inked myself with Black-Scholes option pricing model…

The fact that they do check for tattoos makes me wonder if anyone has ever really done that previously. If so that’s pretty hard core CAIA crazy.

if there’s a rule, then there’s a precedent. would love to know who got what exactly.