Level 2 Study Advice/Materials

I know this has been asked a million times, but what do you who took Level 2 think is the best way to tackle Level 2?

I used Kaplan for Level 1 and scored Stronger in all but two sections. However, I am convinced I only did that well and passed was because I purchased Uppermark’s Testbank. On QBank I was scoring in the 80’s, but on Testbank I was scoring in the 60’s. This bad performance really made me step up my game.

Now, it’s a toss up. Do I pay for Kaplan for Level 2 and buy Uppermark’s Testbank again, or do I just go with Uppermark? I’m not a rich person by any stretch of the imagination, so I need to keep costs down the best I can.

Also, is it too early to begin studying for Level 2? I don’t want to get started too early and begin forgetting information between now and September, but I also do not want to repeat the same 2-month mad dash I did for Level 1.

I’m rambling now, so any advice or 2 cents would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have the level 2 materials already, Spike? I ordered mine from Kaplan the other day and they haven’t even shipped yet.

Not yet. I haven’t even registered for Level 2, yet. It’s a toss up right now between who gets my ~$1000 for study materials.

Does anyone know when the materials are going to be shipped? trying to work out some PTO/vacation time haha

Decided to go with Uppermark this time. I thought their questions were much more comprehensive and thorough than Kaplan’s were. I would have been lost on L1 if I didn’t purchase it.

Is it possible just to purchase Uppermark’s QBank? Or do you have to buy their books too?

I bought Uppermark’s Testbank as a stand-alone product about a month before I took Level 1. I am so happy I did. I would have been totally screwed without it.

Hi there,

For what its worth, I failed L2 twice exclusively using Kaplan material. I switched to Uppermark for my third attempt - got everything from them ebooks, lectures, qbank etc and scored Higher in everything. There Qbank is way harder than anything you will see on the exam - meaning if you play your cards right you will come out of the exam feeling fairly confident. I’ve said before both the lecturers are great, I just find the material with Uppermark is top notch.

Has anyone received their study materials for Level 2? I have mine from Uppermark. Lots of material in here. 3 books and I don’t even know how many flash cards. It’s starting to set in that now is the time to get started. Definitely seems like more info than Level 1.

Well, this is annoying. Uppermark’s testbank is not available. It said available in early April a few days ago and now it just says available in April. I really don’t like moving onto the next section until I can test myself and see if I understand what’s going on.

I ordered my Level 2 stuff from Kaplan two weeks ago. No sign of where they are or when they’ll arrive at my house. I have so little motivation to start studying (when materials arrive) knowing how they cheapened this designation so much, LOL!

I hear you, man. However, there is a lot to be learned from this and that ultimately, or at least should be (in a perfect world), the reason we are pursuing it.