CAIA Level 1 results

Results released finally today!

Very relieved that I passed as I felt it was a real close call ever since I left the exam room.

How did everyone do and how did you perform in areas compared to what you thought you did?

I scored lower in most topics except Private Equity, Intro to Alts and Ethics. So pleased I made it considering the 54% pass rate they stated this year.

I passed, too!!! So relieved to finally get results. I put as much time into this as I did on the CFA, probably 400 hours and I still was worried.

I passed too, and the feeling is mutual – feeling so relieved that I passed, phew!

I think most of my scores are in line with my expectation expect for alt investment.

I used kaplan study material. Bought UM question bank just 10 days before the exam which helped me a great deal. I may do the same for level 2.

[original post removed]

Passed. Clocked in around 100 hours studying and did not have time to take a practice exam. I HIGHLY recommend NOT doing that. Thought I failed miserably.

Also, going very conservative on ethics questions is not a good idea. Apparently you can ethically do a lot more than you think.

Passed. Had 4 stronger: Intro, HF, PE, RA, and the rest 3 higher. I had no prior experience working in finance function. I read through the 2 Kaplan textbooks on my own and practiced using UM Qbank. Had no vacation in July and August. Pretty happy that it worked out well.

Passed.

I was a bit surprised with my result but so relieved. I’m going to do a bit of celebrating tonight and will start Level II study prep end of October.

The low pass rate is no surprise either. The am session was a monster.

Wow pass rate of 54% is lowest ever. will be interesting to see L2 pass rate.

Congrats to all who passed. And to those who did not, don’t give up and keep on going!!!

Passed. I was suprised by the low pass rate, very suprised.

Passed. I studied level 1 for one month but clocked in around 100 hours. The materials are the same for two years so I used 2017 materials. I think CAIA Level 1 has some repeated materials compared to CFA III (i.e. PE,HF portions), but if you havn’t studied CFA II or III, I suggest to clock in 150-200 hours before siting in the exam.

I know everyone’s background is different. But isn’t it funny how people can study 100 hours and pass? Who are these people who fail? Are they even studying?

This is a greatly constructive post. Thanks for the knowledge.