CAIA L2 - Current & Integrated Topics

What is everybody strategy for handling the current & integrated topics section? I’ve downloaded all the whitepapers and some of them are 40+ pages… Any advice?

If you're serious about passing the CAIA® exam, get serious instruction with an Online Class.

I’ve been wondering the same on whether it’s better to start with the books first or the CIT.  I started reading the 1st and 2nd CIT but trying to figure out the best starting point.

Most of them seem pretty interesting, so I will definitely read all of them at least at a skim. I think I’ll focus on the summaries of the CIT in the Kaplan books though. Taking extensive notes on all the articles sounds like a lot of time that I don’t think is necessary - and a high level understanding of the concepts will probably be sufficient (I may be wrong!)

swiftandbold wrote:

Most of them seem pretty interesting, so I will definitely read all of them at least at a skim. I think I’ll focus on the summaries of the CIT in the Kaplan books though. Taking extensive notes on all the articles sounds like a lot of time that I don’t think is necessary - and a high level understanding of the concepts will probably be sufficient (I may be wrong!)

I go about it the same way - I will read through the material - and they try to grasp the key concepts with a few lines in my note paper. Hopefully that is all that is needed… We shall see.

Read them - several of the questions on my Level II were directly from this information.

I think the Schweser CIT section is good enough, better than to read those papers all by yourself.

Be sure to do the practice questions in the notebook. They are pretty close to the real exams.