CAIA...your opinion

Hello friends, I am considering to enroll for CAIA. Please share your opinion on the acceptablity in the job market . I am CFA level 2 candidate and will be re writing in June 10. Thanks in advance

1 Like

Anshul0126 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hello friends, > > I am considering to enroll for CAIA. Please share > your opinion on the acceptablity in the job market > . I am CFA level 2 candidate and will be re > writing in June 10. > > Thanks in advance Its a “nice-to-have” in the job market but it will not make that much of a difference (too unknown at the moment) unlike CFA. I can highly recommend doing the CAIA though because the topics are a lot more interesting then CFA. Besides, there are 2 exams; neither of them based on 20 pounds of books like the CFA. So studying becomes more enjoyable. BUT, since you are already going for the CFA II in June and the next exam is in March I would recommend postponing CAIA and focussing on CFA. Right after the CFA you can start with CAIA I for December and CFA again the next June.

1 Like

I would knock out CFA exams first then reconsider CAIA. You don’t want to burn yourself out before starting Level 3, but that’s me. There are def. others who can manage both exams simultaneously + work full-time + live a social life.

1 Like

How much of overlap do you guys think exists between CFA L1 or L2 vs. CAIA L1?

1 Like

Ethics is the same, but not much overlap in other areas.

1 Like