Feedback from people who have taken the test already

Hi, I will be taking the test this Thursday. Was wondering how the essay section was and would appreciate if someone can give a general feedback on how the test was. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Anna - I am taking the test next tues, but would appreciate if you could let me know how the test is. Will log in next thur/fri to check out your comments.thanks in advance.

1 Like

Did the test last Monday and i have to admit the essay questions were a lot harder then expected. I xpected more the easy questions like:“name 4 reason why …”, “give two examples of …” and questions like that. But instead the questions were more open and it was not always clear to me how much text i should put in. In case of an “explain” question i am always in doubt if i need to keep typing and repeating or that it will be clear already. Because of this its har to make an assessment on how well i did, maybe scored 10% for the essays questions or maybe 99%…

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up, Eric. I hope you passed. Quick question: How many essay questions are there? 5? 6?

1 Like

If i remember correctly there were 4 problems (introductionairy texts) each with 4 questions. So a total of 16 questions.

1 Like

Eric - how was the mcq part ?

1 Like

The multiple choice questions were more as expected. More straighforward and no big surprises. Off course there are always the odd ones which you have to guess, but in general there were no big shocks there (do practise exams and you know what to expect).

1 Like

Which materials did you use, Eric? I’m using UpperMark study guides and their testbank. I hope the MPS is low to give us a shot. Although the material is great, we’re investing in a new designation! 50% MPS would be cool…

1 Like

I am using schweser…eric - did you mean schweser practice questions ? Anna - how did it go ? mcq and essay ?

1 Like

I used the Schweser material; so practise questions are book 3 and QBank.

1 Like

hey eric, from the essay part of schweser practice exams (book 3), some questions also asks us to “calculate”, “comment”, “describe”, “discuss”, “explain”, “justify” etc. instead of “list”, “provide examples”, “state”, “compare”, etc. how these questions compare to the real exam essay questions then?

1 Like

Which one is first, MCQ or Essay ?

1 Like

Thanks so much Eric…really helped to get a fair idea of what to expect. @ozzy- I rescheduled my test to Monday Sept 21st…will try to make a post asap…

1 Like

Just took the exam. Multiple choice: Ethics was a bit tricky. It wasn’t as straight forward as i thought it would be. The wording of all the questions seemed a bit off. Plus there were a lotta item-set style type of questions which kinda surprised me; sample exam was composed of individual questions. So prepare to do more reading than you expect. Essays: The question themselves are moderately hard. What makes it really hard is the fact that they’re testing a section deeper than a multiple choice question. So you had better studied hard in that section or SOL. Pretty bummed right about now. It doesn’t help that someone stole my sideview mirror and i can’t even go out. What a day… Best of luck to the rest of the canidates~

1 Like

Multiple Choice was very similar to the Schweser practice exams, but the essays definitely caught me off-guard. I’m hoping for a 95% on the M/C to offset my 10% on the essays. Don’t think it will happen… :slight_smile:

1 Like

yzerizef Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Multiple Choice was very similar to the Schweser > practice exams, but the essays definitely caught > me off-guard. I’m hoping for a 95% on the M/C to > offset my 10% on the essays. Don’t think it will > happen… :slight_smile: I think we both relied too much on the Schweser, i had the exact same feeling. In QBank the questions are relatively easy and dont go into much detail. During the exam they just pick one subject and ask 4-5 questions about it. Bad luck if that was just a part that didnt suit you too good. Now the big question is how they will grade the essays. WIll you score some points almost anyways or do they want the exact wording? Probably somewhere in the middle, but it might make a huge difference for me(passing or not). Everybody enjoy your 6 weeks of relaxation!

1 Like

eric468 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think we both relied too much on the Schweser, i > had the exact same feeling. In QBank the questions > are relatively easy and dont go into much detail. > > During the exam they just pick one subject and ask > 4-5 questions about it. Bad luck if that was just > a part that didnt suit you too good. > > Now the big question is how they will grade the > essays. WIll you score some points almost anyways > or do they want the exact wording? Probably > somewhere in the middle, but it might make a huge > difference for me(passing or not). > > > > Everybody enjoy your 6 weeks of relaxation! I’m relying on Schweser too… the essay part is really a bit different!!! by the way, i assume there are several different sets of essay parts? did the system just randomly pick one subject in the essay part?? or are we being tested on the same subject in the exam??

1 Like

Hi People, I met someone for was taking the same CAIA test on the same day. We both got different questions for the essay part. So i believe the question everyone got is different or there were some change in the sequence. Something like GMAT test.

1 Like

I believe the exams are getting harder. I spoke to someone on their 2nd attempt and she said this exam was much harder than in March. Just our luck guys; should have started one exam period earlier…

1 Like

I took the exam today, thought is was pretty difficult. Seemed like the exam hit certain areas really hard, and didn’t touch upon other areas. Will be interesting to see what the L2 pass rate is this time around. I think last March is was 62%…

1 Like