Just signed up for test, do I have to buy Study Guides seperate?

I just shelled out 1300 bucks for CAIA level 1. Do I have to spend aditional money on the study materials or will they send me something? If they don’t what Uppermark pack do you recommend and where should I buy it from?

1 Like

The 1300 is exclusive of books and study material. I havent used the Uppermark, so i cannot help you on that one.

1 Like

The CAIA process is very expensive! For Level I (9/09), I bought the required materials and UpperMark materials to supplement and it was a good $800 more for both sets of books. This round (3/10), the CAIA has published their own books but I think they are still quite pricey – for Level II, the combined cost (without the Standards of Practice book, which I have) is $375. I’m going to buy these for Level II but will probably also buy the UpperMark materials again because I found the notes format and TestBank quite useful. I am a little skeptical as to why the CAIA charter will end up costing $3000-$4000 once you factor in the registration, test costs, required readings, and supplemental material. The CFA, per level, is less money, and the required books are part of the cost.

1 Like

So i should buy the CAIA Level I: An Introduction to Core Topics in Alternative Investments. John Wiley & Sons. 2009. Book and the Uppermark 450$ dollar package? Is that correct?

1 Like

dbfinley Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So i should buy the > > CAIA Level I: An Introduction to Core Topics in > Alternative Investments. John Wiley & Sons. 2009. > > Book and the Uppermark 450$ dollar package? > > Is that correct? I would like to ask the same question, this book costs $130, quite expensive. Is it really worth to buy it? Any one can give some hints?

1 Like

Just stick to the Uppermark or Schweser books. Why would you buy the original book if you already have the summary?

1 Like