roll call for March exam! Are you ready?

Hey everyone. It’s about a month til testing starts. I was just curious as to where everyone’s from on the forum and how things are going. I’m from NYC and i hope to peak at the right time. So I think i’ll be ok??? Regardless of the fact that i’m a retaker, I do expect the exam to be much easier than September 09 based on the curriculum revisions. But i still wish the LOs were more focused and the curriculum written in a standardized format. It’s such a pain to read different articles with different writing styles…

I still have the hedge fund topic to read, then will review with Q-bank questions, try writing essay answers and review some more. I have not been working all that hard but hope it will come together at the right level to pass. Good studying for everyone!

You’re definitely on a good pace, Nep-hi. Keep it up for another month and you should do ok. I think i spoke to you a few months ago. We’re both writing CFA 2 as well in June. How is that going? I’ve finished all the CFAI equities and quant questions. Spending the next 28 days cramming for CAIA 2 before going back. GOOD LUCK TO ALL~!!!

I’m behind on the CFA L2 studying. I did econ and am treating the CAIA L2 as my AI review…LOL Since I suffered the CFA L2 before I hope after this exam that I can brush up everything in 3 months and get more of what they want me to know for June this time. It’s the right call to hit the CFAI text questions and not over focus on Schewer/Stella for L2. Good choice JaRvEy! May the CFA gods have mercy on us…hahaha

Can you drop me an e-mail, Nep-hi? I have a few questions about your CFA 2 experience… Harvey.chan214@gmail.com

done

@ JaRvEy and Nep-Hi, Interesting, I am actually also studying for CAIA II in March and CFA 2 in June… I am wondering what your study plan looks like, balancing the two subjects. Would you guys be up to an email exchange?

JaRvEy, Nep-Hi & MST I salute you gurus of the exam taking world. I will touch base with you one day to understand your study techniques. I am hopelessly addicted to note making and need to change this habit before taking on CFA.

I think it depends on the individual. Some candidates have extremely high retention when reading and then there’s the rest; including me. Taking notes comes with experience. The more exams you take, the more efficient you’ll be as you can kinda see what’s important and what’s not. Just try not to rewrite the books word for word because it takes too long and no one will buy your edition. hahaha.

I can’t seem to split my brain in two directions and will just start studying for the CFA L2 after the March exam. If you take your own notes it will help a lot, don’t skip anything! [I need to take my own advice here] Study Derivatives now/soon so it doesn’t hit you like a ton of bricks later.