Level II w/o a finance degree?

I just took the CAIA Level I test and am pretty confident I passed…I am not sure if I should go for level II right away though I don’t have a finance degree/backgroundand I know that most people who go for the CAIA do have one. Should I take the CFA Level I first then take the CAIA Level II after? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Good job, Simon. Everything you need for CAIA 2 is based on: 1) basics learned in CAIA 1 2) curriculum of CAIA 2 You should still take CFA 1 if you’re interested. But there’s no direct connection between CFA 1 and CAIA 2.

Thanks Jarvey. If I took CFA 1 it would be mainly to learn about finance and to help make me more competitive in my job search. I don’t even know if I would go for the charter… Since, I don’t have a finance degree and am a recent grad I feel I have to to differentiate myself. I guess the question really is…what would help me more with an entry-level position? Being a CAIA Level II Candidate or CAIA Level I (Passed) and CFA Level I Candidate?