What are the pass rates

Does anyone know the general pass rate for level 2?

56% down from 58% in the previous session.

whoa…much lower than I thought…taking CFA level 2 in June then will start studying for this thing in August and hopefully take it end of September…

It used to be something like 70% but they are building it up like the CFA so take it soon, I predict it will only get harder over time. I think I burn myself out some what taking CAIA2 in March, so sick of studying now but have to study for the CFA2 in June too…somebody shoot me. Do it in Sept is a good idea.

yeah i hopefully the pass rate won’t go down much. i hope 2 months of studying will be enough for this. but if i pass level 2 cfa i really won’t care much if i fail caia 2. but like all these tests just wanna get it done with.

CAIA II in March followed by CFA II in June sounds really nasty/crazy if you are also working!

I am working. but, I’m doing CFAII in June and signed up for CAIA II in Sept

cfalover Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am working. but, I’m doing CFAII in June and > signed up for CAIA II in Sept Good luck bro. I’m excited to slay the CAIA with you!

I am starting preps for CAIA L2 from December after CFA L1…I have a 14 hour job…Can i clear it by then?

Yeah you definitely have time. It’s nowhere near as hard as CFA 1 (and I’m going to be taking CFA 3 in June)…

"It’s nowhere near as hard as CFA 1 " I’m not so sure about this anymore. They anounced record enrollment in september, really curious about new pass rates for L2 …

After taking the CFA exams and CAIA exams I would rank difficulty from least to most as: CAIA Level 1 CFA Level 1 CFA Level 3 CAIA Level 2 CFA Level 2 With CAIA Level 2 and CFA Level 2 being very close.

dude you’re freakin crazy Haven’t taken CFA 3 yet, but my order is CAIA 1 CAIA 2 CFA 1 CFA 2 CFA 2 is the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life-mentally

speedydan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > After taking the CFA exams and CAIA exams I would > rank difficulty from least to most as: > CAIA Level 1 > CFA Level 1 > CFA Level 3 > CAIA Level 2 > CFA Level 2 > > With CAIA Level 2 and CFA Level 2 being very > close. That’s your personal opinion I guess but not general consensus. CFA L3 is way tougher than L2 suggest by CFA L3 candidates and pass rate.

Like I said, haven’t taken level 3 yet…and my personal opinion rules all other personal opinions.

and by the way you wrote yourself that level 3 < level 2

Its from low to high in difficulty

I meant Level 3 of CFA is harder than Level 2 of CFA i.e 3>2

Ok, gotcha. It seems that the CAIA is heading the way of the CFA in terms of difficulty. I find the information in the CAIA to be much more interesting and more useful then the CFA, however, the questions (especially essays) which will sometimes focus heavily on a minor topic makes it very difficult to properly prepare for.

I just passed level 1 CAIA and I can say that the test was very challenging and could have been more so if they wanted it to be. I imagine that the high pass rate is largely explained by a healthy curve which if they remove would dramatically change things. I agree with the previous posters, the CAIA is trying to get bodies (it’s only got a few thousand members at the moment) and will make it much more difficult as the organization becomes a mature organization. I’m taking level 2 this march and level 3 cfa in June. God help me!