hello?

Wow, this forum is dead. Anyone start studying? Anyone just use the Schweiser materials for Level I? If so, are they sufficient?

Dude the curriculum is only 600 pages and not very hard; why wouldn’t you just read it if you actually have any interest in what the CAIA thinks is important to know?

Probably because he has a 100 hrs/week gig and his firm is paying for the exam!

I’m coming off the Level II CFA exam, looking to cherry pick CAIA Level I, and trying to get this forum going. I have the source books from which the CAIA curriculum is derived and have read a lot of it, but if the CFA has taught me anything, it is the need to condense material. I actually haven’t purchased the “CAIA Level I text book” Let’s be helpful to each other, cheers anupamjain008

Lol… nice to see people around here (though too few still) - even I have not purchased/plan to read the Level 1 text. I am going to rely on Schweser (March material that I got from a friend). :slight_smile:

A “100 hrs/week gig” would be 14+ hours per day, seven days a week, week in and week out. Almost nobody really works that much, though lots of people in certain places and jobs say they do.

I’d recommend reading the curriculum. It’s not very dense or difficult.

The schweser material almost seems to over simplify it to me. It’s barely two small study notes. Easy to read through. But not exactly filled with a lot of concepts. Mostly just definitional stuff. Because of that fear I bought the official textbook and see that it’s more authored than the schweser guides with a lot of what I imagine would be extraneous material. Not 100 percent positive on it.