CAIA LEVEL 1 AND CFA II 2011

Anyone give this combination a shot before and perhaps give some feedback on how it was… im strongly considering doing the pair, CAIA in march and Level II CFA in June as a second attempt… After skimming through some of the schwesser CAIA notes I noticed that the content relies alof on Qants ( not exactly a strong point of mine) I would appreciate any feedback you guys have on this!

I am very surprised that people keep mentioning quantitative stuff vis a vis the CAIA Level I exam; I took it in September and there was hardly any quantitative element to it at all.

The CAIA Level I exam is not a difficult one.

buffon115 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Anyone give this combination a shot before and > perhaps give some feedback on how it was… im > strongly considering doing the pair, CAIA in march > and Level II CFA in June as a second attempt… > > After skimming through some of the schwesser CAIA > notes I noticed that the content relies alof on > Qants ( not exactly a strong point of mine) > > I would appreciate any feedback you guys have on > this! I did this in 09. I won the battle (L1 CAIA), but lost the war (L2 CFA). Focus on CFA, it occurs once a year vs. twice a year for the CAIA.

I did both my CAIA exams in September, after my CFA exams. Much less stressful. The CFA readings helped inform, and shorten, my CAIA studies.