Is the CAIA for me?

I’m a buy-side analyst at a mutual fund. I work with commodities, but maybe 3% of my time is spent on that. If I want to eventually run my own commodity portfolio in the future, how useful will the CAIA be for this? (Also, I took all 3 levels of the CFA exam)

AndyPettitteIsGreat Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m a buy-side analyst at a mutual fund. I work > with commodities, but maybe 3% of my time is spent > on that. If I want to eventually run my own > commodity portfolio in the future, how useful will > the CAIA be for this? > > (Also, I took all 3 levels of the CFA exam) Good question. The CAIA curriculum provides introductory as well as advanced readings dealing with risk return properties of various alternative asset classes (including commodities). Further, various trading strategies and their sources of returns and risks are presented. Therefore, our curriculum will be of value to all investment professionals. However, the curriculum does not address some issues that might be of interest to the sell side. For example, the curriculum does cover the operational aspects of setting up and managing a fund and it does not discuss regulations in great details. The goal of the curriculum is to give portfolio managers the tools and knowledge to manage and monitor AI managers and to have the capability to manage a diversified portfolio of alternative and traditional assets. If you have any more questions, don’t hesitate to ask them. :slight_smile: