Formulas on Level 2

Since Level 1 was mostly qualitative, I don’t have a good sense of how much math is expected to be on Level 2. I’ve read through both curriculum books and there are only a few equations, with some notable exceptions that I believe are only for illustration purposes. Am I off base here, or should I expect a decent bit of math on the exam? I’m asking not because I am afraid of math but because I am trying to gauge how much time I should spend memorizing formulas. Thanks.

There is a decent amount of calculating on L2 but it seemed like less than L1. I tried to learn all the formulas just in case since those are the “easy” points. For some of the more “impossible” formulas, I think the questions *sometimes* gave you part or all of the formula since they were really testing the concept, not your crunching skills.

I would just start scanning the LOS’s and anywhere you see “calculate” memorize the formula. Just gettign to the end of book one of Schweser and there isn’t that many so far.

you have to memorize about 35-50 formula depending on your ablity to derive from 1 to another.

Thats great info … also, how important is solving Qbank from Uppermark / Scheweser? I did that for Level 1 and did clear. Please advise / clarify?

I’m going through all of the questions in the uppermark test bank, one topic at a time (on last topic), then going to do exam weighted sets of questions to see where i stand. Anyone who passed last time remember what kind of scores they were getting on the schweser/uppermark mocks I used schweser for L1 and seemed to be getting mainly above 90%, kind of thinking that’s not possible for me at L2 Thanks!

holiday Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m going through all of the questions in the > uppermark test bank, one topic at a time (on last > topic), then going to do exam weighted sets of > questions to see where i stand. > > Anyone who passed last time remember what kind of > scores they were getting on the schweser/uppermark > mocks > > I used schweser for L1 and seemed to be getting > mainly above 90%, kind of thinking that’s not > possible for me at L2 > > Thanks! I was getting in the high 60s to low 70s for L2 during my prep. Definitely lower than L1.

Scores have been rising for me and hitting the 80’s now that I’ve revised my study plans. 30 days to go for me and I feel like I need to get in the mid 80’s regularly on the mcq’s because the essay is a crapshoot, apparently.

Ok thanks- pressure is on now!