Schweser practice exams

I just finished the first practice exam and got my ass handed to me. I’ve been doing well on the QBank, mid to upper 70s and have done all of the readings. Talk about demoralizing…

Doing my first one tomorrow. Hoping for a good result.

What is your score? I don’t have access to schweser exams but will do some uppermark exams starting next weekend. Propably 2 100Qs tests. When is your test?

WOW! Just got pounded. I went through the MCQ portion of Exam 1 and got killed. 65%. I didn’t have a great feeling as I was going through it, but certainly expected to score in the 70’s as I had been doing on the QBank. Not even going to bother with the second half of the exam today. Have to go back over everything I got wrong. Really disappointed because last year I was scoring in the low 80’s on these. I have just over 2 weeks to turn this around.

worried about this too. getting 75ish in uppermark mocks, a lot lower than level 1 an i only just scraped that in the end…

Well last year I did OK. I was +75% on Alpha/Beta, Ethics, Hedge Funds and Real Estate, 50-75% on everything else. Just have to get back in the zone.

65% on exam day would be pass. By last year you mean level 1 or are you retaking level II

I just finished the MQ portion of the second Schweser test and am feeling much better. I’m not sure if the first one was really tough or if my exhaustion due to studying, working, having a 17 month old son and a 5 month pregnant wife caught up to me but the second test gave me a small piece of my sanity back. I know it’s not easy, but don’t let a few bad scores get to you. If you’ve worked hard enough to get here you are prepared to kill it on exam day. That’s my attitude at least. Good Luck!

pupdawg82 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 65% on exam day would be pass. By last year you > mean level 1 or are you retaking level II Yes, last year at this time I took Level I. I had to hold off on Level II in March becasue I was studying for Level III of the CFA.

cfainnyc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just finished the MQ portion of the second > Schweser test and am feeling much better. I’m not > sure if the first one was really tough or if my > exhaustion due to studying, working, having a 17 > month old son and a 5 month pregnant wife caught > up to me but the second test gave me a small piece > of my sanity back. > > I know it’s not easy, but don’t let a few bad > scores get to you. If you’ve worked hard enough > to get here you are prepared to kill it on exam > day. That’s my attitude at least. > > Good Luck!

cfainnyc - what was your score in both the exams?

pupdawg82 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > cfainnyc - what was your score in both the exams? I went from a 56 to 78. Mid to upper 70’s has been my average for the other QBank questions. I don’t know what happened on that one test but it really lit a fire under me.

Scoring 70s in schweser exams is a good sign. I don’t have access to schweser mocks but will take Uppermark tonight and see where do I stand.

Yup I am in the same boat. Got 56 on the first test (but I know I don’t know all the material yet so I threw away 5-6 points on formula’s). Gonna do some heavy reading and hopefully it gets better.

I took 3 mocks from uppermark and wondering if Schweser exams are worth it. Should I spend time reading the material or take these two exams? I have close to 400 problems from Uppermark Qbank which are yet to be completed.

I would just do the questions you have left. That’s technically 8 hours of material, which should be enough to guage where you’re at. One thing I like to do is print out literally every question I got wrong (aside from the stupid mistake stuff like not reading the question properly) and review it. If you have time it might be worthwhile doing that as a means of review instead of buying the Schweser material.

Thanks Big ML. I agree that doing all the wrong questions would help in making sure we don’t do the same mistake again.