Now we wait.....

Well I just sat it today. It was tougher than I thought but so glad it’s over! The guy sitting next to me didn’t turn up for session 2- guess session 1 didn’t go too good! Anyone else wish it was the start of summer and we had warm evenings drinking to look forward too??

Yeah it was a really tough exam. There’s just so much volume and it’s really hard to remember everything. I was mixing things up like private equity with hedge funds. Definite FAIL for me - Now time to motivate myself for March 2012.

Don’t get too pessimistic - i’ve seen quite a few posts now with people saying they think they have failed…someone has to pass!

Yeah I agree - I thought the exam was really tough. What really bothered me was that there were some questions with formulas (i.e. provided with the questions), but there were others without any formulas. Likewise, some questions were quite random - i couldnt remember if these were parts of the readings. by the way Schweser sucks…

Essay was pretty tough for me. AM exam had close to 15 questions which were WTF type but there were few very easy ones. Too many questions from Commodity futures + Managed Futures though which were kinda tough. Essays were bad ass.

when are they releasing the results?

6 weeks i think, around the 4th of November…

Glad everyone felt about the same way I did. Just hoping for a pass…

agreed ML. Only few people are super confident and rest of us are eh we will see.

I’m actually really surprised to hear people had trouble with the exam! I studied exclusively using the CAIA Schweser notes, and I felt very prepared. I participate in the weekly online course and found them extremely helpful. I didn’t feel like any of the questions were unexpected, with the exception of one specific MCQ that was completely out of left field. For the most part I thought the essay questions were straight forward, I did screw one of them up but it was only worth 1 point. I was actually spent so much time stressing over specific learning objectives that weren’t even on the exam! I left the exam feeling pretty good about it. I’ve read so many comments about it being more difficult than expected and now I’m worried I’m completely misjudging it. It’ll be interested to see how I did, I could be completely off on how I did.

sao621 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m actually really surprised to hear people had > trouble with the exam! I studied exclusively using > the CAIA Schweser notes, and I felt very prepared. > I participate in the weekly online course and > found them extremely helpful. I didn’t feel like > any of the questions were unexpected, with the > exception of one specific MCQ that was completely > out of left field. For the most part I thought the > essay questions were straight forward, I did screw > one of them up but it was only worth 1 point. I > was actually spent so much time stressing over > specific learning objectives that weren’t even on > the exam! I left the exam feeling pretty good > about it. I’ve read so many comments about it > being more difficult than expected and now I’m > worried I’m completely misjudging it. It’ll be > interested to see how I did, I could be completely > off on how I did. How many hours do you think you put in?

So I wrote it too!! MC I had more trouble with the first 50 than the last 50. I wish I put more time into private equity and the whole hurdle rate stuff… I knew that was my weak spot coming in and they hit it pretty hard. Overall I counted and had 55 I was “confident”, 20 where I was a coin flip between two… And another 25 where I made educated guesses. So I’m guessing I got around 65- 75 in the morning… Afternoon I thought went pretty okay. Question one I though lt was a pretty slam dunk… Question 2 I had some trouble because I knew the answers but not stone cold how to describe it… And question 3 I think I probably banged out a 6-7 on 10… So I think I got low 70s… Overall I think I am a just pass or right at the bubble.

I would be borderline. I am in redzone and need little luck to get a touchdown.

I think your over the hump… You were consistently getting over 70% on all your tests. This test was no harder than the study guide. I’m sure you were more ready than 50% of ppl

I hope so bud but I didn’t do so well in Essays so kinda effy now But glad it is over now. Have a beer for me at some place on St. Catherine Street:)

Haha definitely will do. Actually I postponed opening NHL 2012 and I’m gonna play that with tons of beer and after go out for a night on the town. I’ll stop by St. Cath. I’m curious if we had the same essay questions because I heard they are random

They are random but everyone gets one from Ethics.

Big ML, I probably started hard core studying the last week of July, averaged maybe 15 hours a week from that point. I didn’t consider it all that significant because I studied a lot of it while at my office, it’s a highly supported designation by my company and my boss gives us 2 hours during work hours we can dedicate to exams like CAIA and the CFA. We actually get a significant one time bonus if we receive either (or both) designations. I realize that’s a unique situation though.

Essay question: Does anybody have the exercice with the CDS? Lost my mind when they asked the gain in basis point or dollar… And you?

sao621 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Big ML, I probably started hard core studying the > last week of July, averaged maybe 15 hours a week > from that point. I didn’t consider it all that > significant because I studied a lot of it while at > my office, it’s a highly supported designation by > my company and my boss gives us 2 hours during > work hours we can dedicate to exams like CAIA and > the CFA. We actually get a significant one time > bonus if we receive either (or both) designations. > I realize that’s a unique situation though. That is really a great system. At my office they want you to have these things, but they don’t want it taking away from work AT ALL. I got repremanded last February for studying for the CFA at my desk during lunch. It was a bunch of bs. They want us to have all of these things, but they don’t want to see how the sausage gets made.