2011 September Results Thread

Figured… Since we’ll be getting the results tomorrow, I’ll create a post where we can all put our results.

Honestly, I felt pretty confident going into the exam, but came out unsure. I would give myself 50/50 that I passed unfortunately. I wish all of you guys the best of luck, and let’s hope that we have some good results here in AF!

I feel pretty confident about passing. Unless I fooled myself on exam day somehow. As soon as I get my results, I’m going to apply for a scholarship at my prospective university. If I fail, I would have waited for nothing and would lose $1400 :3 Oh well, couple of hours more.

what time do results come out? I deleted the email & also forgot my username & password at work! damn.

Passed - Scored 5/5 in all but Ethics and Real Estate, which I got 4/5. Doesn’t feel at all like when you pass CFA exams… anyone else?

Passed with 4/5 in Alpha Drivers, Ethics and Real Estate; 5/5 the rest. I havent’ done CFA.

Passed with 5/5 in all except Ethics and Commodities/Managed Futures!

Passed 4/5 in Commodities and Managed Futures, Private Equity, Ethics, and Real Estate 5/5 in Credit Derivatives, Hedge Funds, and Introduction to Alpha Drivers and Beta Drivers 74% pass rate is huge! Congrats all who passed

I agree… When I passed CFA I ran out of my office screaming because it was SUCH a relief… CAIA… not so much. Probably has to do with the pass rate… Knowing that you’re the one of the only 30% of the people that passed for CFA vs. knowing that you’re 75% of the people that passed CAIA… And the weight that each level carries for CFA vs. CAIA I guess… But either ways, I’m happy!

The thing that got me worried was really the cost of the exam itself. At $1400, it is comparatively VERY expensive. You are basically giving away an alienware to sit for an exam. Congratulations to everyone who passed! The pass rate is remarkably high. But, as long as i’m in it, doesn’t matter.

Did anyone pass with less than 4/5? Or they just not posting it in here?

Well, according to the wording in the report, relative scoring includes only those who passed. So, as compared to those who got 4/5 and 5/5, an equal number must have gotten 1/5 and 2/5. I presume they are just not posting it. Could be that people on AF are just smarter and represent the positive skew xD

I had the same impression but reading through the FAQs though you can discern that you may fail the exam with all “comparable” marks. So I guess 74% of people scored more than comparable.

Ah yes. But, someone has to get weak in order for you to be outstanding. I presume they must have skipped a section and gotten something like 1/5 and 2/5 in a few. And 4/5 and 5/5 in the rest. Passing overall. I could be wrong.

According to CAIA, simply if you are in the Comparable bucket doesn’t mean that you scored over adjusted passing grade overall…which makes sense.

i passed 4/5 and two of that excellent… Resl estate sux:-)

passed with one 2/5, two 4/5 and others 5/5. Thanks god.

passed with two 3/5s, three 4/5s and 2 5/5s. fortunately one of the 5’s was in the big hedge funds section.

passed with following: 4/5 high - commodities, hedge fund, alpha, equity 5/5 o/s - real estate 3/5 comparable - credit derivatives 1/5 weak - ethics. thank you all for your valuable comments. it really helped me prepare and as you can see i barely managed to scrape through :slight_smile:

passed with following: 5/5 o/s - credit derivs, hedge funds, commods, alpha, pe, re 4/5 high - ethics and standards pretty happy but would like to have gotten all 5/5. bit unhappy that 74% passed, kind of detracts from the work you put in to think that there is such a high pass rate, I though we would be marked to a curve. anyway working on CFA level 1 since I sat this and have to say there is SOOOOO much stuff to cover and so litlle time left. Bring on CAIA level II, and congrats to all those whose hard work paid off.

passed as well… now its time to study for cfa level 3…