"Professional Certification in CFA, CAIA, FRM or PRM is a plus."

Here’s a job posting for all you triple-charterholders…

Senior Investment Strategist – The World Bank (Washington, DC) http://www.indeed.com/rc/clk?jk=3f2c71d9b3c654a8

i saw a job posting that said CFA or CAIA preferred, once

wierd. I am going for the triple-crown no matter what. I don’t really care about the letters (except CFA) and really just want to learn as much as possible. I think that from a PM perspective (my dream job) it just cant hurt to have a well-rounded knowledge of all the different facets of IM.

I’ve got to agree with Fries, I’d be lying if I said the letters didn’t matter to me, but what is most important is the knowledge they should represent. I know you can pass the desigantions being a bit wobbly in one area or another, but the more you pass the less this should be the case, so I’ll keep doing qualifications until I feel I could pass an exam on any given day.

Go quadruple crown CFA, FRM, CMT, CAIA

I have been looking into the CMT also haha; I might give it a shot after CFA/CAIA/FRM just for fun. A couple of guys at work (one analyst, one trader) have taken the exams and found it pretty interesting, so I will probably jump on the bandwagon at some point. Are you thinking of doing it, Monito?

Haha how about:

CA, CPA, CFA, CQF, FRM, ERM, CMT, CAIA, MA, MSc, Mfin, Phd

How much do you think it would cost to get all of those?

IMHO, certifications/charters are useful only if you actually learn something from the curriculum. For a position in my firm I have interviewed 3 CFA Charterholders and have been extremely dissapointed with them ( disclosure : I too have cleared CFA level 3 ). I think these charters are a plus for one’s candidacy, but definately no substitute for knowledge gained via work experience.

^ Agreed. I think that the CFA program is great for building up a solid knowledge base, but it is the experience that counts. I think being enrolled in the CFA program (at the very least, having passed L1) shows dedication and an interest in the field.

@r-man totally agreed… if its a ivy MBA like Stern,Booth or Wharton, it is much more accessible to top jobs in Wallstreet than CFA and CAIA charterholder.

@bhaiyyu: have some workmates with CFA, i mean senior but i always wonder how did they passed their CFA. Personally i like CFA very much as it is really broad and for someobe who left university with CS&EE degree, its a great thing to learn all accounting, economics stuffs.