CFA L2 and CAIA 2

cleared CAIA L1 in Sept. i’m currently doing CFA L2 now. how hard is CAIA L2 relative to CFA L2? overlap much?

1 Like

(The following opinions are based on SchweserNotes for both CFA and CAIA.) I’ve read a decent amount of each and it feels like CAIA L2 is about 2/3 the difficulty and 1/2 the volume of material of CFA Level 2. As for overlap, I feel it is minimal. As for work, I estimate 2x to 3x more work is required for CFA L2. Hope that helps.

1 Like

I am also doing both. I estimate the study time in proportion 1:3 for CAIA2 and CFA 2. And CFA2 is much more important. Almost no overlap except ethics.

1 Like

I already passed both the CFA and FRM. I guess I might have some weight in making some comments here. I am expecting a passing grade of the CAIA level I on Monday (04/06/09). I actually start to read the “Convertible Arbitrage” book and found the topics included are surprisingly deep and possibly difficult. CFA Level II was a difficult experience for me. It was difficult because it encompassed so many different topics and the questions could be very tricky. The Greek and derivative concepts by far matched up with FRM’s or even beyond…! CAIA has more focused topics and more sophisticated. In my opinion, it will be plain wrong to assume CAIA level II is easier than CFA level II or may be they should not be compared side by side here.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

I passed L1 with pacman. I want to take L2 this year but may postpone to march 10. I just want to take some time off.

1 Like

With Pacman? Is that a new provider?

1 Like

I meant pacmandefense

1 Like