Uppermark questions reflective of actual exam questions?

Hi guys, Been studying the Uppermark material for Level I for the past week and I was wondering if those seasoned veterans out there that have used Uppermark in the past the pass level I, are the questions in the testbank software or at the end of each chapter reflective of what you see in the actual exam? I’ve noticed that Schweser questions sometimes tends to be more difficult than the actual exam, but Uppermark seems possibly “too easy” as well. Anyone wanna shed their opinions on this? ps * Merry Christmas :slight_smile:

1 Like

hi - i have ordered uppermark as well. though i can’t answer you question, i hope it’s good enough to attain a pass score. i am not planning to peep into schweser in any case.i am a cfa charterholder and hope Upper mark can pull me through.

1 Like

Schweser does tend to overkill you with questions but hey…it works most of the times. YOu won’t find too many people complaining about Schweser…have heard some pretty good stuff about Uppermark too though.

1 Like

I’ve only used Schweser, but it seems that the consensus from people who have tried both is: - Uppermark is good for learning from - Schweser is good for questions That said, I found Schweser to be good for learning from as well. (Got all >70% on L1, finishing with ample time.) I read through all the required books for L1 (Anson, Lhabitant, and Linneman), then read Schweser and I felt that I had wasted my time reading the books and should have used Schweser exclusively. For this reason, I’m skipping the actual books/papers completely for Level 2 and feel pretty comfortable.

1 Like

ditto sub (from what i’ve heard from the seniors at work) i’m going the Uppermark route for L1

1 Like

Thank you very much sub!!That’s sorted one doubt out at any rate…

1 Like

Uppermark’s questions are fairly reflective of the exam. Most of the exam questions are fairly straight forward. I find the study material to be pretty thorough as well… but I also heard good things about Schweser, so I’ll try them for L2 this time around…

1 Like

Thanks guys, I think I am going to stick with Schweser. Go with what you know mentality.

1 Like

Uppermark questions were representative of the actual exam. I was not as impressed with some of the Schweser questions I practiced with.

1 Like

Thanks ditchdigger2CFA. How did you find the readings schweser v. uppermark?

1 Like

I had a Schweser exam book, not the curriculum readings. I have heard complaints from others regarding Schweser not being enough since it is so condensed, but I have not heard any complaints about Uppermark. The Schweser exam book was beneficial for practice and review. Their questions are much more calculative intensive than is realistically presented on the exam.

1 Like