Uppermark vs Schweser

I pick uppermark

I picked Schweser, but I bet they are comparable.

i’ve used uppermark for L1; i think i might switch to Schweser for L2 (since their basic package provides flashcards – albeit an additional $100 for this package). Anybody else have any inputs as to which guide is preferable?

Haven’t take CAIA yet so I am no expert, but Schweser packages look a lot more comprehensive in every benchmark.

any feedback on how well the packages did or didnt prepare people?

jcrick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > any feedback on how well the packages did or didnt > prepare people? I used Scheweser for both CAIA L1 and CAIA L2, scored >70% (81% in SchweserPro for did all questions there) in L1; scored 77% in sample CAIA exam L2 (65% in SchweserPro did all questions there). I did not use Schweser flashcards for level 1, but did use for level 2 and it was a great help. I can tell about level 2 results in six weeks. I could fail exam because I caught flu a day before exam. Overall, I vote for Schweser.

So did you use the Scheweser materials almost exclusively? Did you go through the “text books” as prescribed by CAIA?

That’s great thanks, lets just hope I pass…

Schweser’s notes are excellent for CFA, so I wont be hesitating when ordering them for FRM and CAIA, as well as CFA-2 & 3.

When preparing for CAIA I did not use any text books because it was not necessary.

YeeS_Mos Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > When preparing for CAIA I did not use any text > books because it was not necessary. and here I thought the FRM was hard…or are you just a certified genius.

Are those schweser/uppermark study aids delivered to you in printed format, CD/DVD or through online access??

peteus325 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Are those schweser/uppermark study aids delivered > to you in printed format, CD/DVD or through online > access?? Pretty sure its comparable to the CFA format, most of it is online in both formats. You get the books and have access online. Am I on track here guys?

cfacowtown Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > YeeS_Mos Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > When preparing for CAIA I did not use any text > > books because it was not necessary. > > and here I thought the FRM was hard…or are you > just a certified genius. a… i mean that caia texts are not necessary, because schweser did a good job. Regarding study package format it is same as cfa.

i am a caia chaterholder and did the whole prep with uppermark, if that can help you in your choice!

I used Schweser for CAIA level I but I switched to Uppermark for CAIA level II for the coming September 2009 exam.

phishwong Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I used Schweser for CAIA level I but I switched to > Uppermark for CAIA level II for the coming > September 2009 exam. What prompted the switch? I’m in my comfort zone with Schweser for L1…still haven’t ordered yet…

Schweser for both levels. Quite at ease for L1 and a bit difficulties to go through convertible arbitrage for L2 but overall speaking it met my expectations.

Good to know, I just (10 minutes ago) ordered my Schweser notes and I bought the textbooks from amazon. The stuff on real estate looks especially interesting.

Not really interesting if you were in the industry…