will the CAIA designation last

with the number of different designations out there in finance land, do you feel that further differentiation with crednetials (i.e. frm, caia, etc.) makes a significant difference to clients or HR managers are we getting to the point that these monikers dilute their own meanings

1 Like

stromey Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > with the number of different designations out > there in finance land, > do you feel that further differentiation with > crednetials (i.e. frm, caia, etc.) > makes a significant difference to clients or HR > managers > > are we getting to the point that these monikers > dilute their own meanings I do not feel that this designation will help with finding a job or impressing a recruiter. However since I am unemployed, I find value in gaining knowledge and adding a credential to my resume. FRM and CAIA are not bad designations. I see what you mean with designations popping up carrying no value. But I don’t see the CAIA landing in that area. Coupled with the CFA, it seems like a good designation.

1 Like

http://www.jslocum.com/about/people.html Here is a firm I applied to at one point. Many of the senior people have the CFA designation, and some couple the CAIA with it.

1 Like

It is relevant if you are applying to a fund of funds. But who knows if they will ever be around in the future

1 Like

Looks like everyone in slocum has the CFA and went to U of Minn. for their MBAs.

1 Like

The way HF & PE industry is doing now … This designation still has a long way to go & may not last if things get ugly in the alternative space.

1 Like

Is it really realistic to say that, over the long-term, alternative products will cease to have value. Is consumer confidence crushed so much that know one will ever take risk again, and FRM’s will be building risk models on treasury bills? Just a thought.

1 Like