March/september 09' curriculum changes

Are there any significant changes in learning objectives possible for september 2009 exams? Do you think it is safe to learn from march 2009 materials for september exams(I have Schweser essential package march 2009)?

1 Like

depends on your acceptable margin of error with regards to passing…

1 Like

thats right. I prefer safier and wider margin so i wait with my preparations for new curriculum. I hope CAIA wont change curr. and i will save some $…eh but if they do i invest in current (sept 2009) notes from schweser/uppermark.

1 Like

I don’t think they release the 2009 September Curriculum from Schweser until June…

1 Like

I dont know about Schwesers release but my decision will be based on CAIA curriculum…I just want to compare CAIA study guides from march with study guides from september. Registration for september exams opens april 1st so probably they will upload new study guides then. I will look for significant changes and if i dont find any I will learn from march notes I already have.

1 Like

Good plan, i’ll be consulting the new study guides then as well.

1 Like

CAIA published news about changes in september 2009 level2 curriculum: http://www.caia.org/news/caiaassociationmak_163/ …but theres no info about level 1 changes.

1 Like

I cannot find any changes. For me both documents (march and sept study guides) are identical. cfacowtown, let me know what is your opinion.

1 Like

I can’t say one way or another, I haven’t received any materials yet. I have heard that the new changes radically affect L2 but don’t really affect L1…but I have no data to support this.

1 Like

The required textbooks are exactly the same. You could get by on March material since LOs are nearly identical. Check for yourself though. http://www.caia.org/uploads/textWidget/wysiwyg/documents/Sept_2009_Level_I.pdf

1 Like

I’ve made a comparison of the March and Sept Study Guides. There are no difference in the learning materials. The major differences are the names of the advisory and committee members. Are the suggested ‘text’ books the same as well?

1 Like

Books are exactly the same.

1 Like

Good to know, so where are these changes.

1 Like

Well, seems there are no material changes whatsoever between March and Sept. I presume you can pick up the study aids (Uppermark or Schweser) from March which should save you a few bucks.

1 Like

well, what about the Schweser textbooks for March’s exam 2008? are there any curriculum changes comparing with Sep 2009?

1 Like