I crushed the exam like Daj crushes Natties!

I just got out of the exam center and feel very good. Some items to bring to you. I used UpperMark and the TestBank CD Rom. I feel that I was prepared for most questions, although some questions came up that I had to blindly guess due to unfamiliar material. The TestBank also provided similar questions in nature to the real exam with many being conceptual. I studied an awful lot. I did not log the hours, but I probably prepared the same amount for Level 1 of the CFA as I did for this exam. Doing this exam after Level 1 of the CFA was quite beneficial as well. Let me know if I can answer any questions for those of you taking the exam in the upcoming 2 weeks. Recall that as a CFA Candidate, I may not comment on the specific questions asked, but I will give you as much info as possible about the exam structure and layout.

1 Like

How did you find the material in difficulty versus the comparable material in the CFA? It sounds like you are really impressed with UpperMark and there software.

1 Like

Material was more enjoyable, simpler to understand, and smaller in volume than Level 1 of the CFA.

1 Like

I know you can’t elaborate specifically, but would it be safe to say that in the Quantitative Section, more questions were based on conceptual material, or more on physical calculations? thanks

1 Like

tekara Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I know you can’t elaborate specifically, but would > it be safe to say that in the Quantitative > Section, more questions were based on conceptual > material, or more on physical calculations? > > thanks That is correct.

1 Like

How about learning all of the kurtosis and skewness of the different strategies, I’m currently making up a song to assist in the memorization of that…

1 Like

Flight of the Chonchords style…

1 Like

yep

1 Like

Exam went ok, was definitely fair and no CFAI-style trickery… Also pleased only have to wait about 3 weeks for results :slight_smile:

1 Like

ditchdigger2CFA, i also took the exam in singapore on 9 Mar seems there are 4 ppl in this session, not sure which r u

1 Like

Guys, i’m going through CFA L1 and taking the exam in June, i was just wondering if you could tell me how long i would need to prepare for the CAIA exam because i was thinking of taking the CAIA L1 in next round whilst waiting for CFA L1 results and hopefully CFA L2 in June 2010. ditchdigger2CFA, i see you’ve done it already, how does it compare to CFA L1?

1 Like

Go through Level 1 of the CFA, then take Level 1 CAIA. It is not easy, but it is not nearly as hard after you have L1 CFA under your belt.

1 Like

ditchdigger2CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Go through Level 1 of the CFA, then take Level 1 > CAIA. > > It is not easy, but it is not nearly as hard after > you have L1 CFA under your belt. I agree.

1 Like

Do you guys think it is possible to do CAIA Level 1 in September and FRM in November, or am I stretching it to much?

1 Like

Thanks guys and wish me luck for June CFA L1 way too much info to go through!!

1 Like

Kidza Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks guys and wish me luck for June CFA L1 way > too much info to go through!! i’m with ya kidza, i’m in the same boat…quant and me are having a little argument right now…i

1 Like

is the CAIA-L1 results out? Was ditch the curve decider here?

1 Like

not out for a couple of weeks

1 Like

Im curious are the scores coming out the same time for everyone on april 6th or are they 3 weeks from the time of your test date?

1 Like

same time for everyone…

1 Like