Uppermark Level II Review Starting June 23, 2009

Hello all level II candidates, I called Uppermak and I was told the online class will be starting on 06/23/2009. Anyone who enrolled for the level II exam coming September care to join a study support group by exchanging emails or posting on this blog? The exam dates ranged from 09/08 to 09/23. I aimed for the earliest slot available … !

1 Like

Hey Phish. How’s studying going and do you like UPPERMARK so far? I was going to buy Schweser. But since the notes cost $393 with shipping and tax, i might purchase UPPERMARK to save a few bucks. I will probably order the books after the CFA exam saturday and will start reading the following week. Here’s my e-mail: HARVEY.CHAN214 @ gmail *DOT* com

1 Like

hello Harvey, I just got the 1st book from Uppermark (other books are still work-in-process) and I haven’t started yet. I am taking summer classes right now and I am so busy. I will be finishing up by the 2nd of July. But the online session begins on the 25th evening and I have schedule conflict. I get to talk to Uppermark with that. Let’s chat again.

1 Like

you only got the first book as in they’re going to send you the second book later? that’s pretty nice of them to ship twice so you could get a jumpstart on things. what type of classes are you taking? hang in there with the classes. i’ll catch up to your book 1 for the time being.

1 Like

C++ and calculus I. Only last for 6 weeks, very fast pace. I took Calc I and II long time ago but it is good I can do it again.

1 Like

hey, im also doing level 2 caia this sept. haven’t recieved my uppermark books yet; they’ll arrive next tuesday for me. can i join your support email group? my email is mooch22atgmailcom

1 Like

adalfu, Sure. You can call up Uppermark to mail your 1st book if you want to start now. I just start the convertible arbitrage section. I will read a bit at a time due to the time constraint. It will be nice we can build up some kind of support for each other, especially for technical questions, other than just chatting …

1 Like

i like that idea of reading a little bit at a time, phish. it’s like a small mental quiz everytime u go back to it. i think i will give that a try now instead of reading nonstop like i usually do. studying overload before the exam is burning me out too much. hey phish. e-mail me when you’re not busy.

1 Like

Yup, i think they’re shipping the first part to me now. I’ll probably get it later this week and start studying after a must-needed 1-2 weeks break. i heard that you’re did your FRM also? I’m going to take the full one this november as well… any tips? David A. L. (aDALfu)

1 Like

Well, for both CFA and FRM. The only thing other than working very hard, you also want to take advantage of variety of resources. e.g. don’t just rely on Schweser for preparation, use also FRM handbook and Bionic Turtle and practice and ask many questions.

1 Like