Financial Modelling

Hi Guys, Can anyone else suggest me any resources or suggested books in Financial Modelling. What have you read previously and is it worth a read?

I just passed my CFA L1 examination, and I’m working through these textbooks I got from Wall Street Prep. Financial modelling courses vary in price from a few hundred to a few thousand, but none will ever fully replicate what it’s like when working at an Ibank. Every firm likes to do things their own way. So my intention when enrolling in a course was to gain a basic grassroots understanding of what modelling was all about. I feel like WSP has met my expectations. These easy to understand textbooks take you step by step through the processes behind modelling, and give you a basic idea of what the goal of each type of modelling is. For more information, you can check out their website. And because I’m broke ass poor from graduating into a recession, here is my referal code: REF16508. You can get yourself 15% off your order.

Second that… Wall Street Prep is great. I used the Financial and Valuation Modeling course.

I will look into WSP material starting next week (books are in mail)

best book for Financial Modeling Financial Modeling by Simon Benninga (Spelling might be wrong)- Edition 3. If you read the reviews of this book on amazon, you will know what i am talking about.

I was just gonna post the same - I’m from a non-finance background, and I think this book is great! sachin123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > best book for Financial Modeling > > Financial Modeling by Simon Benninga (Spelling > might be wrong)- Edition 3. > > If you read the reviews of this book on amazon, > you will know what i am talking about.

Will check out these books. Thanks guys!!

Thanks for the tips & suggestions. WSP is not there in India I guess.

Anyone have a sense for the added value to a resume (for investment banking) of completing the Wall Street Prep certification program?

A lot of people (bankers) are familiar with WSP and the platform it provides for modelling, with that said however, it may get assist you in getting an interview (key word being ASSIST) at best. Passing LII helps too…

sachin123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > best book for Financial Modeling > > Financial Modeling by Simon Benninga (Spelling > might be wrong)- Edition 3. > > If you read the reviews of this book on amazon, > you will know what i am talking about. THANK YOU!! Someone suggested this book to me in passing last month and I could not for the life of me remember the author’s name. This is it though. I just ordered it from Amazon.

Any of you completed the O&G version of WSP?Any big difference? I believe and hope there is as its about 500 quid more.

Does anyone know how many hours WSP takes to finish? I was thinking about just working on it when I was sick of studying over the coming months.

It totally depends on your background. A well versed finance person can read and implement those models in pretty much a month. For a novice like me (who has no excel modelling, forecasting and valuation experience before) could take up to 3 months to get done. Those 2 books look intimidating and there are too many numbers on each page which makes my head cauterize. WSP Ref Code: REF12623

SalZ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Any of you completed the O&G version of WSP?Any > big difference? I believe and hope there is as its > about 500 quid more. You might wanna speak to TheAliMan regarding O&G WSP.

Chad is going to nuke this thread in no time… Wonder what’s the problem with this site and WSP?

BIWS Course, Paul pignataro , Beninga books… and youtube also

I’ll give a plug for WSP. I used them 2 years ago and that + CFA Charter landed me an equity research gig on the buy side.

The extra modeling I had done on several companies was what set me apart from other interviewees.