anybody from Toronto?

currently overseas, but might return to Toronto, but how’s the job market?

the bad things: degree’s from Ryerson and 0 work experience. i passed levels I and II (hopefully III this summer), but I know thats almost meaningless without work experience.

if hiring is VERY slow, i might just stay oveseas another year again.

1Bookmark

toronto seems to have a larger supply of CFAs than most cities, meaning there’s a glut

I applied to more jobs in Toronto than I could count last year (March-July) in everything from CF to AM and didn’t get a single response. And I’m a Canadian citizen with 2 US degrees.

man that sucks…guess it’s all about who you know

It is about who you know. I had lunch with the Director of Freedom 55 as part of my university program and he explained to me how critical it is to build up a network.

He said in the new world the heirarchy goes like this:

1. Network

2. Work Experience

3. The boss likes you

4. MBAs, CFAs. and the like

Since so many people have MBA and CFAs they lost their value compared to say 1985.

Anybody wanna add me on LinkedIn? Help a brother grow a profile. One more contact for me, one more contact for you. Let me know. I live in Toronto btw.

I’m in Toronto as well and I had a similar experience as the krazykanuck. I also think it is all about who you know. There are plenty of jobs but getting to them is the trick.

I finished university in eastern Europe and that does not help too much either, but I have some work experience and the charter.