Well I made it 6 months at this job

Time to update that resume. Found an amazing job that I want so much more than my current one.

But anyway to the point of this thread, what is the shortest amount of time you’ve been at a job before you applied for a new one? What is the shortest time you’ve spent at a company? Lets limit this to professional type jobs. I mean I once worked a place for 3 weeks in college…

Well I was a trucker for an oil service company for 2 years before going back to university. I didn’t plan on it, but I ended up back with the company in corporate as a summer student business analyst and am now starting in 2 weeks as a full time BA. so, 6.5 years? ha. worst part is they would have paid my tuition in full if I had only asked and promised to return for 2 years after graduating, which I had no intention of at the time. too bad I never realized what the job market was going to be like :frowning:

My company hired a MO manager who changed jobs after about 2 months. His new job is in the same company… so it’s a bit awkward…

a new hire quit after 2 weeks … this is not normal at an investment bank where you had to get through 6 rounds of interviews

>>don’t feel guilty about quitting… get a new job and walk out just as easy as they would fire you

Yeah, it’s usually at will employment by both sides. If you sucked, they would fire you in a second. If they suck, feel free to “fire” them.

Since college, I’ve had 2 instances where I was at a job for less than 6 months. One was contract, the other I was let go from in 2009.

I think people are somewhat more understanding these days, but I figure I need at least 18 months to 2 years in my current gig before I could even start looking without being branded a job hopper.

Well once I got back to work this week, the job posting I saw kind of fell to the back of my mind. I also found out this week that my annual raise is 6%, effective next month so that makes me happier to be where I am…

I agree with stratman, if I put less than ~2 years into a job I end up feeling like a quitter. But sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do though.

be thankful you got a raise, I know friends in finance that have had no raise for 3 years now