Please Suggest!!

Hi Friends ,

How are you doing.Need a little career advice from you.

I am expecting to move to US(cleveland) for a couple of years in 2 months.I am right now working as business analyst(Credit Risk-basel II) for a leading IT consulting firm in india.I have 2 years of work ex,I am MBA, I have done FRM and waiting for my CFA L3 results in august.

However my current employer wont be paying me much in US($3700 approx after tax per month and they will be paying for my health insurance).In case if i want to change my job over there what salary levels can i expect there.Also what kind of jobs do you see my profile fitting into.

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

very very difficult for you to switch to finance. Sorry. No idea really.

3700 after tax in Cleveland plus medical doesn’t sound so bad, really.

keep the job

Thanks guys for your input.

The problem with my current job is that my work experience might not get considered as relevant for CFA.

Would your responses be somewhat different if i clear level 3?

I know its difficult to break into finance but if i try to move into consulting only are these salary levels fine?

Appreciate your response.

if u r single, with 3700 in Ohio u can live like a king ( assuming u are not a heavy spender). how do I know? I lived in Akron, Ohio. If u r married, it depends on your Queen.

That sounds about right for an associate/senior associate with prior work experience.