Interview quesion, "What are your weaknesses?"

Any interview experts out there who have given a unique answer?

this is the most cliche interview question… there are sections at bookstores related to interview and resume tips and this question is in every single book.

my response is… “I have many weaknesses but I am constantly working to improve myself” and if you get pushed for one example… just say that being an analytical type person you rely on spell-check maybe too often

I work too hard

Chocolate

i think with the wrong head sometimes

Kryptonite

Bullets, my one weakness! How did you know?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYymOVQD9qw

…anddddd…I’m…awkwarrrrrrrrd…

I’m a perfectionist. I work too hard. In fact, I’ve perfected working too hard.

“I give cliche answers to cliche questions.”

“I tend to develop a spontaneous erection while sitting down.”

I struggle to come up with answers to crappy questions. Then you criticize the interviewer for not taking the interview seriously. “I prepared for this interview. Why didn’t you?!”

True, especially if the interviewer is going to be your boss, but it is also true that some interviewers are not all that invested in the process. Their colleague just wants them to see if they seem like they’ll fit in on the team, and there won’t be much of a reporting relationship.

If you’ve interviewed people, you’ll know that it takes work to come up with good questions. Many people won’t do this for smeone they’re not likely to depend on all that much.

Think of something you are weak at but are making a lot of progress correcting. And state that plus your plan and progress in improving.

I think the worst possible answer is to state something like “i work too hard” because so many people say that and it just reeks of dishonesty.

These type of questions are just test your feet … Especially at entry level jobs…

These type of questions are just test your feet … Especially at entry level jobs…

Three feet. :wink:

I have a couple ticks that can annoy co-workers *begins masterbating, seemingly unawares*

I think someone on this site once mentioned:

My biggest weakness is answering the biggest weakness question in an interview.