People in ER give us a DITL

Numi has done this on mergersandinquisitions.com, but I’d be curious to hear from others out there what your day is like start to finish, on average, pros and cons, salary and bonus ranges and changes over the years if you’re willing to share, and what your next endeavor will be and why, and do you love it? would you do it all over again? or is it just a good paying “job”.

Thanks

pdub, thanks for your note. For anyone that’s curious to see the interviews that pdub is referring to, please see my signature below. I believe these “day in the life” interviews will be pretty informative insofar as giving you a realistic and balanced perspective of what the equity research job is really like.

In the meantime, what other topics would you be interested in seeing interviews about? Mergers & Inquisitions covers a huge range of topics about front-office finance, and has a number of postings related to how to get into these various jobs. If you folks can post a list of topics you’d like to articles about, I can certainly suggest them to the site. Your feedback is important. FYI, Mergers & Inquisitions is not my site, but I am a guest columnist and am looking for material that either I can help with or that other columnists can write about.