Don't draw clowns.

A word to the young wise folk who may be landing their first jobs in the very near term.

my brother-in-law is a VP at a well known company, and during a workshop he and his boss handed out a piece of paper and a pencil to all of the people in attendance (about 20 actuaries), and told the group to draw a picture of where they saw themselves in 10 years. there was this guy they hired that my BIL didnt want to hire because he found him to be immature and arrogant, but he had amazing credentials. however, the other managers overrode his decision, and he happened to be in this meeting. 20 minutes goes by and they begin to share. it gets to the guy and he turns his page over and shows my BIL, a VP, and the President of the Actuarial division (again, big company here) a picture of a clown holding a knife with dead people all around him.

he was immediately asked to leave and was released by HR the next day.

while funny in college, the real world is much different nowadays as everything seems to offend everyone. so, the moral of the story:

Don’t draw clowns.

I think a drunk clown would have been OKAY, but implying a mass killing is… troubling. it’s rarely funny. Might as well joke about aids, race, or weight.

That’s such an annoying question to ask anyone. A lot can happen in 10 years. angry

+1

are workshops like this the norm? sounds like 5th grade

This clown murder guy wanted to be an actuary?

cool comment bro

This story is so funny; it’s hard to believe it’s real

Hitler started his career as an artist. I wonder what he would have drawn if asked that question. It might have been pretty realistic, too.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/worklife/07/22/cb.you.said.what.interview/index.html

“One guy [said] ‘it would probably be best’ if I didn’t run a background check on him. Of course, I did, and learned all about his long, sordid past of law-breaking. Our client actually offered him a job as a staff accountant, but quickly retracted the offer when I had to tell them all about his recent arrest for a meth lab in his basement.” - Charles

“Wow – I’m not used to wearing dress shoes! My feet are killing me. Can I show you these bloody blisters?”- Bolzan

“May I have a cup of coffee? I think I may still be a little drunk from last night.” - Smith

(During a telephone call to schedule the interview) “Can we meet next month? I am currently incarcerated.”-Smith

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaamazing.