Interview with Group CFO and BoD- Please advise

Hi Friends,

Got a phone call from a Private Equity firm and later an Interview. It has been 14 days since I had this interview and I haven’t heard from them. Wrote the guy that interviewed me, but I have not gotten any reply yet. Just curious to find out what are your take on this.

A little about my background . I have PGD in Management in a no name University, ACCA-UK Finalist (2 papers to qualify) ACCA is an accounting qualification in UK. Equivalents to the best of my knowledge are CA/ ACA/CMA/CPA blah…blah. and I recently passed CFA Level 1 Exam. I have about 3-4yrs accounting/auditing experience under my belt but non in investment/research.

A brief description of how it actually started and ended… After my CFA result I wrote an unsolicited application to one of the partners of a Private Equity firm-XXX Fund in a foreign country but within the same continent on the 1st of August 2012. The e-mails circulation to date are: Please start reading the emails from below…ie on August 1 not 14 to get a feel of;

TO’ Leroy-Me

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 5:03 PM

That’s fine. Will talk then.

From: Leroy2 “Me’’ Sent: 14 August 2012 17:52 To: Group CFO BBB LTD Subject: Re: Potential FM XXX ‘’Country’’

Good day Sir .

Thanks for your mail. The time is OK. I will be expecting your call.

Warmest Regards,

Leroy-me.

From: Group CFO BBB LTD To: Leroy2 ‘’Me’’; CEO BBB LTD ’ Co-Owner XXX Fund Cc:'Director BBB LTD Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 2:34 PM Subject: RE: Potential FM XXX Country

Hi Leroy2 ‘’Me’’,

I would like to talk to you tomorrow Wednesday at 1.00pm GMT can you confirm this time is appropriate with you by a return email.

My cell is xxxxxxxxxx.

Regards,

Group CFO BBB LTD

From: Director- BBB LTD Sent: 13 August 2012 14:03 To: CEO BBB LTD; ‘Group CFO-BBB LTD’;Co-Owner XXX Fund Cc: Leroy- Me Subject: RE: Potential FM XXX ‘’Country’’

Group CFO-BBB LTD,

I have spoken to Leroy2 ‘ ’Me ”, the candidate, and he is interested in being the FM/CFO for BBB LTD in XXX Country. Please follow up with him by email and arrange a phone call to see if you think he is suitable. Please note that if you think he is we will arrange for him to be interviewed in XXX ‘’Country’’, probably by the Managing partner-BBB LTD. Do not make him any offer or discuss remuneration at this stage as this will be for the XXX Country Board to consider.

His CV with contact details is attached and he is copied in to this email.

Director BBB LTD

From: CEO-BBB LTD Sent: 08 August 2012 18:02 To: Investment Manager-XXX Fund ; Group CFO-BBB LTD Cc: : Director BBB LTD Subject: RE: Potential FM XXX ‘’Country’’

Noted. Let me take this up.

Regards,

CEO,

BBB LTD.

From: Investment Manager-XXX Fund Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 9:36 AM To: Group CFO BBB LTD; CEO BBB LTD Cc: Director BBB LTD Subject: Potential FM XXX ‘’Country’’

FYI,

Find the attached CV of a YYY ‘’Country’’ Finance Person. Could be potential for FM position in XXX ‘’Country’’ if we conclude that that is the way to go.

Regards,

Investment Manager-XXX Fund

From: The Partner –XXX FUND Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2012 1:10 PM To: Investment Manager-XXX Fund; Co-Owner-XXX Fund; managing partner BBB LTD Subject: [BULK] FW: [BULK] An unsolicited application for the position of a Junior/Intern Investment Analyst.

Fyi, as discussed, interesting CV for possible finance person at our XXX ‘’Country’’ companies

From: Me-Leroy2 Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 6:19 PM To: The Partner-XXX FUND Subject: [BULK] An unsolicited application for the position of a Junior/Intern Investment Analyst.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Partner, XXXX Fund.

Dear Madam,

Unsolicited Application for Junior/Intern Investment Analyst…blah …blah…

I have some few questions:

No 1- What could be the relationship between XXX Fund (A private equity firm) and BBB LTD( A Telecom Engineering Company) based on the above emails?

No 2- What sort of questions would I be expecting from the Board member of BBB LTD if am finally selected for an interview in XXX Country?

No 3- Since I had a phone interview with the Group CFO that lasted for about 18 mins and he concluded by saying he was happy with my response and that he will get back to me after discussing with the board of BBB LTD.Why has he not gotten back to me since then? Or is 2 weeks waiting not enough?

No 4- I wrote him two days ago to find out when I will be expecting the reply but he hasn’t reply yet. Why? Should I call him? Or just forget about them and ride-on?

Any positive or negative respond is welcome!

Thanks,

Leroy2 .

You should meet my good friend qqqbee, I think you two have a lot in common

How pls explain