Bain & Co. hardest test ever

just took it… 1.5hours

20 GMAT style multiple choice including 10 (data sufficiency) + 20 “cracking a case” 2 cases

I knew what to expect and almost didnt go… but figured I had a better chance of guessing correct into a pass than hitting the lotto, and the job would basically be hitting the jackpot. I really needed more time… 90min is ridiculous, if you can ace this exam you are a genius… each question refrences a graph that you have to keep flipping back to an inbetween to calculate a basic ratio… the only way to really know the answer is to go through every answer … the ficticious product/company names are confusing and trip you up. I never took the GMAT so those questions might as well be in Chinese…

FML

never had to do anything like this for Bain…only case interviews all the way while I was in biz school, before I knew for sure that I wanted to return to finance

im in a third world country… apparently in the United States they have interview type “case studies”… here it is paper and a pen as a pre interview screen. I am a finance person… but this salary here would be astronomical compared to any other market wage or a junior analyst at an investment firm type position that doesnt really exist anyways.

yup,i think these tests are just for recent graduates though.

gave one for mckinsey,fucking ridiculous.

I did one for McKinsey last year as well. The HR lady didn’t even tell us that the first text (together with 5 or 6 questions) was just an example. Was about to bang my head on the table when I found out 5 mins of my precious time had been wasted. If I remember correctly, the test was 60 mins with 26 questions.