IB interview preparation

Just want to get some recommendations on books to read for Investment Banking interview preparation. The only one I know about is the Vault Guide, but does anyone have any other suggestions? I usually have a hard time with the technical section. I know the material on paper, but somehow when i was asked during an interview, I panic and blank out sad So I’m just wondering if there are any sort of practice question sets out there?

I don’t have an interview set-up right now (I wish), and I heard that it’s really hard to break into IB post-grad, but I don’t really want to give up just like that :frowning:

Ask my man Numi.

Learn some jargon and try to work it into every sentence you say. This will make you seem more sophisticated. Here are some terms that you should memorize:

1. Making it rain

2. M&A on the buy side

3. Win-win (and also the superior “Win-Win-Win”)

4. Square the circle

5. Synergies

6. Apples to apples

7. Best athlete

8. Models (and bottles)

Good luck.

don’t forget to greet your interviewer by saying:

“good morning bsd, how high should i jump today? your hermes tie look marvellous!”

CFAvsMBA, thanks as always for the plug!

claudiapyc, I suggest you take a look at www.mergersandinquisitions.com as a good starting point to learn more about investment banking. I am a guest columnist for the website but have no monetary affiliation; the person running it is a personal friend, and the quality of the content (very little of which I’m actually responsible for) is excellent. Much of this site is free and I would recommend it to anyone that wants a clear and practical understanding of how to get a job in banking.

As CFAvsMBA mentioned, I do offer mock interview services, and you can read more about them on my LinkedIn profile below. I have conducted a couple hundred mock interviews and real-life interviews for both sell-side and buy-side roles, and many of my clients have succeeded in getting investment banking, equity research or hedge fund jobs.

Thanks for all the replies :slight_smile:

@numi: i will take a look at the websites when i get back home since they are blocked at work haha. Thanks!

lol I wish they have a “like” button for this forum.

It’s M&A’in on the Buyside. Get it right bro.

Get the book Monkey Business and Damn It Feels Good to be a Banker.

You’re welcome.

do you offer mock mock interview services? I’m meeting with someone important who offered to do the mock interview, and i don’t want to mess it up!

My services are designed for anybody that aspires to be completely awesome.