So I actually got a call back....

I think mergers & inquisitions has a few really good articles on this

I’m not the best at answering this but I don’t see why not. It’s definitely understandable and I don’t know why they would even want to check unless u’ve reached the final phase in the decision tree.

I sent you an email. Hope it helps

sent you an email. name from a fashion brand

I’ve interviewd with a half dozen companies in the past year, making it deep into the process twice, and have never been asked for my references for some reason.

Anyway, let me know if you still need research OP. If you do, which sector – independent, integrated, oil field services, refining? Or one from each.

Your name is Kenneth or Calvin?

Don’t know if it’s too late, but the best thing you can do is just try to understand the industry in general. Are you the same one who said they wanted to go to Texas A&M for an O&G focus?

If you really like petroleum, get a subscription to the Oil and Gas Financial Journal. The subscription is free. You can also get a free subscription to Well Servicing Magazine.

When I started my new job last month they never asked for any references. Maybe once you’re already employed its less important vs. when you’re starting out.

It’s the opposite for me. My first job out of college they never asked for references. They did afterward.

ok woody, i sent some reading material to you

Congrats man - did those research reports help out at all?