(Re) stating your interest after a 1st interview?

Hi all!

I had an interview recently which I think went very well. There will be further interview rounds. I am not expecting to hear any feedback for at least a few days to maximum two weeks. My question is what do you think about a well-worded, concise e-mail from me in ancitcipation of the later interviews, to, not in so many words, re-state my interest?

Thanks

Do it yo! Just drop some flav like, “It was a pleasure meeting you and learning more about your role, the department and the company. Candidly, I’m very impressed with everything I’ve heard and I’m looking forward to progressing to the next round of interviews.”

While most applicants can DO the job they are applying for, the manager has a hard time distinguishing who WANTS the job. You can interview candidates all day, but it’s very hard to extract if they NEED a job to eat this month or if they truly believe the bile coming out of their mouth and WANT to make a life career at said company.

I sent a quick email to each of the analysts I recently interviewed with, and despite a couple weaknesses in the interview itself they’ve called me in for round two, so it can’t hurt. I basically just said “Hey XXX, just wanted to drop a quick note to thank you for meeting me today. I can say that after what you and (other analysts) had to say I’m even more excited about this opportunity for (various reasons). Thanks and good luck with the decision!” (or something like that). I did word it a little more casually than my cover letter, but after the interview they were a pretty casual crowd so I thought that would be ok.

If you time it right, it can bring you back to their attention right when they’re forgetting how your interview went too, if they have a lot of candidates.

Thanks very much for all your comments and help! I did go ahead with it. At least now I can stop thinking about it until there is a new development.