Career Advice on Current Situation

Everyone,

This is my first time posting, but I am not new to these forums. I used them extensively as a resource while I completed the CFA curriculum, so I understand how great of a resource these message boards can be. I still visit the General Forum from time to time to see what is being discussed, where I’ve noticed a good amount of career discussion. Consequently, I feel like I am in a position where I need to seek alternative advice on my current situation as well in order to get a fresh perspective.

Let me provide you with some background first. I attended a non-target state school, which is ranked a top 50 undergrad business school, where I received a finance degree. After school, I worked as an analyst in 2 different finance related roles for approximately 3 years before going back to business school. I received my MBA from a top 40 school. In the meantime, I completed all 3 levels of the CFA curriculum and am still waiting to receive my charter.

Here is where my dilemma begins. After school, I landed a great opportunity that I was seeking with a small PE fund as an Associate. However, I am still being paid as an analyst (~60k). I want to understand is the experience worth it in the long run or should I try and find a similar role that pays accordingly? I feel fortunate to have landed the position in the first place and want to build as much experience as possible in this field, but need to make more money.

I appreciate any insight.