A little confused!

Hi guys, I’ve been offered a job at a hedge fund. With an insanely good pay package. I’ll be working in financial operations department for back office work which is not very related to my studies or what I expect to do in the future( CFA, frm, etc). I also have an opportunity to work for the largest credit rating agency in India as a ratings analyst. The work at the rating agency will be more in line with my aspirations and what I’ve spent my time on, but the pay is about half that of the hedge fund but I’ll be in my hometown which saves me some money as I’ll be living with my family. What I wanted to ask was, if I do go to hedge fund will the work experience that I gain over 1-2 years be counted as relevant experience when I look for a job in equity/ratings. Money is a major factor as well but I don’t want to end up doing a dead end job for years. Also, I have no previous work experience with this being my first job.

First job?

What are you? What degree? How’d you get it? Details please

I’m 22 in my final year of my MBA, from India, and I got it through college placements.

MBA, Damn…which college?

Insanely good pay package? You’d be insane not to take it.

An Indian college in the top 15 of the country.

you got an MBA when you were only 22?!

Which one dude? At least which city?

You did a 3 yr undergrad?

I am from Mumbai. And, yes, I did do a 3 year UG. Also I did at 22 because I wanted my education to be over as soon as possible.