Senior Hedging Analyst interview

I am having an interview for this role…Beginning stage with recruiter. Appreciate if you can share your insights into the type of interview questions (technical or in person) being asked leading to job offer or if you have experience in similar role.

Responsibilties

-Execute structured process to survey, evaluate and manage hedging components of global multi asset class portfolios

-Key focus on beta exposures (equity) using mix of derivative-based strategies and volatility

-Manage fixed income solutions

-Use real time data source and be an excel ninja (able to write macros,etc…, pull data with apis)

-Make and communicate investment decisions, integrated with set of macro drivers

Thank you!

AI

Sounds like a job that would be above the head of anyone that needed to ask that question, sorry.

Share your experience if you are in a similar role. I do all of the above in my current role. Thought I get inputs from folks who are in similar roles or have been in past. I have a plan on how I will handle these questions.

Share your experience if you are in a similar role. I do all of the above in my current role. Thought I get inputs from folks who are in similar roles or have been in past. I have a plan on how I will handle these questions.

Ouch

truth hurts

That’s probably true, but it seems that the job market is really starting to heat up.

Employers (even employers here on AF) complaining that they can’t find qualified candidates - the labor pool is getting tighter. Recruiters needing to interview people who aren’t slam-dunk fits. Even my own work has had a noticeable uptick in the past few months, enough that I can start to consider dropping difficult or annoying clients (not quite secure enough for that, but things are moving in the right direction).

There may be hope yet.

Wow, talk about timing, a client just accepted a 30% increase in my rate, so I guess I still have to put up with them a little longer. Now if I can get the others to do the same…

Good critique. It seems of the folks reading this no one has been in similar role. If there are some, do share what you want

^ I started reading the 4 hour workweek. Not great so far, but there is an insightful chapter about dealing with clients.