Interview for Investment Analyst.

Hello everyone! I’ve just got a e-mail from the HR Manager of a newly established Investment Bank regarding an interview for the role of Investment Analyst. I’m having the first round tomorrow on telephone. Being a fresher, I do not have any previous experience with such interviews. Can someone tell what should I expect? Yes, I’ve googled it and I found mostly general questions were asked during such interview (no technical?) e.g. why do you want to be an investment analyst etc. I am a Chartered Accountant from India and I have just taken level 1. I track Indian markets and invest from time to time. I know (on a personal level) how to analyze stocks. I would appreciate if people here especially AF veterans could give me a heads up for the interview. Also, when can I expect technical questions. Are the technical questions going to be tough. Do I need to prepare anything else? PS: I’m 24.

Since it’s the phone interview with HR, don’t sweat it. Be upbeat, be friendly, and be optimistic about working in said job. It’s likely she won’t even know what P/E is.

Basic questions bud.

Walk me through your resume.

What are your strengths?

What are your weaknesses?

Describe a time you were on a team, had a conflict, and how you resolved it.

How big is your D1ck?

Why do you want to work in this field, at this firm, in this job?

Lol. Thanks. At the entry level, what kind of technical questions can i expect?