Where did you guys go to apply for jobs?

For everyone on analystforum who is applying/or has recently applied for jobs online, how did you go about doing it? Did you use an online service, or did you go directly to the company’s website? If you did use a service, what was it?

I’m giving myself such a headache trying to navigate myself all around these confusing websites.

I would really appreciate input.

Thanks

I usually sit around my computer and wait for someone to contact me: someone who’s been referred to me by a friend/colleague/associate.

So far, it’s worked for about half-a-dozen or more jobs that I’ve gotten. No headaches.

Your network really. I think very few are finding opportunities just randomly online today. I’m sure it does happen, but as many say, the vast majority of opportunities are never advertised. Campus recruiting for those who have that option obviously is another path.

Don’t apply to jobs online. Save yourself the (wasted) time and suss out opportunities through a human network.

They say 80% of openings are never advertised.

For finance, I’ve gotten call backs from jobs advertised on the following places: local CFA society website, alumni career service website, indeed, linkedin jobs. If I see it advertised, I’ll go straight to the company website and apply there.

Came up, that’s all me, stay true, that’s all me, no help, that’s all me, all me for real.

Btw, what type of work specically are you looking for?

First buy side job was on cfa jobline. I’ve seen some legit jobs on there. It’s going to be hit or miss anywhere though.

^^ CFA local site is actually a good resource.

I did everything. I started applying during a non-hiring cycle so it was extra hard.

I got a job when I walked in unannounced and gave my resume to the person at the front desk and asked them to forward it to HR. Turned out they were desperate to get someone immediately and voila.

Good luck.

you’ll find occasional gems here and there. you’ll never really know until you try. Overall though, applying through a website is generall like throwing your resume into a black hole.

i tried all online sites. but school website bagged it for me both times.