CFA Charterholder Salary Adjustment

There are lots of data points online that state a chaterholder will make more per year (I believe most surveys point to ~25k) than a non-Charterholder. That being said, there’s ambiguity as to when this bump should be reflected. As we are all aware most employers generally do not provide this bump after-the-fact. So, when does this occur?

Is this salary stat based on the fact that you’re more competitive for high profile gigs? Or do some places see value that they will pay for when hiring? I can see this being important for marketing materials for the investment team. However, if it’s down to the wire for an ER associate and the choices are - okay experience no charter, okay experience charter, I cannot see them wanting to pay significantly more.

I find it odd that a top tier mba is transparent in what you should expect coming out of the program. In no way are the two truly comparable, just stating an opinion.

What has everyone noticed in their endeavors?

There’s a correlation between having the CFA charter and higher salaries, but that doesn’t mean the charter Caused these higher salaries. Perhaps intelligence and work ethic and years of finance experience lead both to higher salaries and to the CFA charter.

^ This. I think you need to alter your understanding and expectations of the benefits of a CFA.

Understood. I think indirectly you guys have answered my question.

And more or less, the cost/time/etc. is a sunk cost.

If your opportunity cost isn’t high (ex: playing video games or fapping), then go through the program. If it’s getting in the way of kicking a$$ at work, don’t.