15 rounds of interview?

met an acquintance today who works in deutsche bank india. i told him that i applied for Goldman sachs internship too but havent got a response yet.

he told me Goldman was the toughest one to get into and had like 15 rounds of interview?wth? any1 here who works in GS,is that true?? :confused:

For GS ER yes thatā€™s true. Iā€™ve seen this happen as the norm:

Prelim interview with HR, then a more senior HR + someone mid level related to team + team senior analyst + senior analysts /assoc of various teams + sales folks + trading folks + assoc DOR and DOR of research

all in all, a dozen+ is pretty on target

^ for a given position, how many candidates would make it to each one of those levels/rounds?

I donā€™t think he means 15 different days. More like round two could be meeting with seven different persons/teams back-to-back on the same day.

Oh. Well in that case, then i wouldnt call it ā€œ15 roundsā€ id call it ā€œ15 interviewsā€. I consider a ā€œroundā€ to be when you talk to them and wait for a call to find out if youd advanced further

I wonder if there is a correlation between the number of rounds and the quality of the candidate chosen, especially once you pass round 5.

It comes down to fit, not necessarily quality IMO.

Itā€™s not 15 1x1s in a row that you should be worried about, itā€™s the panel interview where itā€™s 5-8 x 1. Those are tough.

^ fo sho

nope he was talking about the IB divisionā€¦geez how hard would it be to get in

Probably a negative correlation.

In thoery yes. In reality itā€™s a positive correlation.

I had over 25 interviews, 3 aptitude tests, and one personality test for my current job. Process took over four months.

^Do you think that is necessary?

It would suck for the other guy to go through 4 months as well and not get the job.

Thatā€™s ridiculous. No way there is any value added after about the 5th interview or 2nd test. Complete waste of everyoneā€™s time.