Career Conundrum

Hey Everyone - I’ve been working on the sell side in Fixed Income strategy, specifically Agency MBS for 4 years. Due to lack of growth opportunities at my firm, I’ve started exploring a move to a different job. My ultimate goal is to move to a buy-side fixed income asset management firm into an analyst/associate role. A lot of the jobs I come across require candidates to have experience with credit products (in addition to agency MBS), and I don’t have a background in credit products. I recently interviewed for a position at Factset as a Fixed Income Product Manager, which basically means ‘becoming a fixed income content expert’ and being able to explain how various fixed income securities are modeled. This would obviously entail a ton of learning on my part, but would ultimately allow me to broaden my breadth of knowledge of the fixed income universe. Do you think this would be a good route to the buy side? Or should I ‘cut out the middle man’ and just keep looking for the right opportunity at a buy side firm? Thanks for any input!