Working at a Central Bank: Front Office

I have an interview coming up soon for a PM position within a CB (Eurozone). The job entails implementing the Eurozone monetary policy coordinated by the ECB, through the management of a portfolio of assets that will be assigned to me (I’m guessing Covered Bonds, ABS and Public Sector Bonds, the three types the current QE is focusing on, as well as foreign reserves and gold).

Has anyone worked in a Central Bank and is willing to share some advice regarding these types of roles? What type of knowledge (besides being solid on macro and monetary/FX policies) will be expected of me? I am obviously reviewing everything related to fixed-income from the CFA L2 and following bond markets actively to be well-prepared, but I have never worked as an asset manager before, and this is making me anxious.

Guriffith Sama!!

Edit: sorry, no idea what that interview will entail.

Just bring a printer with you, insta-hire!

Had the interview yesterday. It’s an amazing opportunity for a start as a bond portfolio manager. Besides the usual, I was asked technical questions on fixed-income securities and monetary policies.

One position for more than a hundred applicants though, I’m not expecting anything positive out of this.

^ at least you got the interview

When the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh advertised 368 government jobs last month, 2.3 million applications flooded in.

That made me cringe… it really is a sick world.

central bank is top notch kid.

There is some Indian guy in my office who says that the Indian Central Bank head is his friend from secondary school.

hahahaha

Yeah that is sick. It’s like winning the lottery. annndddd then you get to work! yay

plus corruption in those job hiring processes.

What, he probably went to a very good secondary school.

Got the rejection e-mail earlier today. It’s time to get back on the saddle.

sorry man

you almost made it brother.